[asterisk-users] gtalk - no audio

demuel at thephinix.org demuel at thephinix.org
Thu Jun 21 17:03:31 CDT 2007

turning NAT won't give assurance that you get an audio. remember, there are two
protocols involve here. one is sip and the other one is rtp. the rtp protocol is quite
serious to deal with specially if the ports it uses are kinda random and one has to
exert a lot of effort to configure the firewall to allows ranges of ports.

I got both audio both ways. from googletalk buddy to voip phone behind a firewalled
asterisk and vice versa.