[asterisk-users] gtalk - no audio

Joseph Bajin josephbajin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:46:04 CDT 2007

If you are behind a firewall, you may need to turn on NAT in order for
the RTP to be able to connect to each other.

If you have wireshark or able to get a TCPDump, make the call that
fails and look at the media anchors.  For me (when I had the exact
same problem), Gtalk came in with a media port of like 5800 or
something in that range. I was only looking at 10000 and above. So of
course, I didn't get bi-directional audio.

Once I changed that rtpstart to 2000, I was able to get things working
again.  Plus I had to turn on NAT support.