[asterisk-users] gtalk - no audio

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:46:52 CDT 2007

> Philippe, what part of the channel code handles the ringing and dialling. From my
> experience here, making a call from googletalk to a voip phone inside a firewalled
> environment does not pose any problem. But making call from voip phone to googletalk is
> kinda tricky.

Well, chan_gtalk being a channel, its PBX functions are all gathered
in a ast_channel_tech structure :
/*! \brief PBX interface structure for channel registration */
static const struct ast_channel_tech gtalk_tech = {
	.type = "Gtalk",
	.description = "Gtalk Channel Driver",
	.capabilities = ((AST_FORMAT_MAX_AUDIO << 1) - 1),
	.requester = gtalk_request,
	.send_digit_begin = gtalk_digit_begin,
	.send_digit_end = gtalk_digit_end,
	.bridge = ast_rtp_bridge,
	.call = gtalk_call,
	.hangup = gtalk_hangup,
	.answer = gtalk_answer,
	.read = gtalk_read,
	.write = gtalk_write,
	.exception = gtalk_read,
	.indicate = gtalk_indicate,
	.fixup = gtalk_fixup,
	.send_html = gtalk_sendhtml,
	.properties = AST_CHAN_TP_WANTSJITTER | AST_CHAN_TP_CREATESJITTER
};

demuel, do you have an extensions.conf (or ael) snippet for a VoIP
phone -> Asterisk -> GoogleTalk call scenario? I wonder why this does
not work in your case.