[asterisk-users] X-Lite problems on basic asterisk setup

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Wed Jun 20 12:04:31 CDT 2007

This typically happens when the phone is natting or there is a firewall
between the phone and the asterisk server. The connection is made via
sip (5060), but the voice is over ports 10000-20000 (RTP). Most likely,
the sip connection is succeeding, since you are connecting, but the
actual voice is failing to transfer over RTP.

if this is the case, I would aim to use IAX since it was made for this
type of use.

If the phone is on the same network as the asterisk server, and you are
still having issues, use a packet sniffer and watch the traffic on both
ends. You should be able to receive every packet that is sent. Most
likely in this case though, you will only see those 5060 packets making it.

Rob