[asterisk-users] X-Lite problems on basic asterisk setup

Andrew Stewart astewart at notre1.com
Wed Jun 20 11:00:38 CDT 2007

I'm trying to setup my first Asterisk setup on a CentOS 5 installation
on VMWare Workstation 6.  Got two Linksys SPA941s working fine.  But
X-Lite softphones can't answer phone calls, and when one of them calls
on of the Linksys phones they "connect" but neither party can hear hear
the other.  I noticed that the Linksys phones are connected via Native
bridging while the X-Lite ones are connected via Packet2Packet bridging.

Also, on the X-Lite phones there is a about a 30 second lag between when
the X-Lite client hits dial/call and when the called party starts ringing.

::Asterisk setup::
Asterisk 1.4.4
Zaptel 1.4.3 (only ztdummy compiled)
Asterisk Addons 1.4.1