[asterisk-users] X-Lite problems on basic asterisk setup

Andrew Stewart astewart at notre1.com
Wed Jun 20 17:05:34 CDT 2007

Packet sniffer found the problem.  RTP was firewalled on the Asterisk
box.  Fixed it using the Asterisk firewall rules page on the wiki
<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+firewall+rules>.

The 30 second lag on the dialing has something to do with using the
domain name instead of the IP address of the asterisk server in the SIP
config on X-Lite.  The call goes immediately when I set the domain to
the IP address of the asterisk box.

Thanks for your help.