[asterisk-users] DTMF detection -- Zaptel

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 18:55:28 CDT 2007

So, I am not sure whether its a zaptel issue.  It have TE212P card which has echo based hardware cancellor.

--
Deepak

Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi,
         I have Asterisk-1.2.18 install with FreePBX & more than 75 extnsion, daily I come accross an issue & try resolving them its either user learning curve or my ignorance.

  But, I dont know what to say regarding this issue.

  I have my Dial Plan for internal users to have a 3 Digit Extensions.

  So instance my Ext is 239 & someone dials the main #, its gets the greeting message to dial 3 digit ext.  So when dialing its from my motorola Razor using T-mobil I try to purposefully hold 2 button For more than a second then dial 3 & 9 which means dialing my extension 239.  But I get an message saying Invalid option, but in this case should ring my extension.

  So I did the same thing running asterisk in debug mode.  So there is see that when dialing 239(that time when I hold 2  button for more than a second) its sends 2 twice ie 22& then when I press 3 its 233, so I get Invalid option, bcos there is no extension with 223.

  I had to do this bcos I got feedback from many users saying that when reaching their extension they get these invalid options, so using my phone was the only way to replicate it.  Further contacting Digium support they asked me to enable. the relaxdtmf=yes option in zapata.conf.  I did & still the same issue.

  What is this a bug to live with or issue which has a solution.

  ==================
  Asterisk DEBUG Message
  ==================
    -- Playing 'custom/Greet1' (language 'en')
    -- Invalid extension '223' in context 'ivr-2' on Zap/1-1
  == CDR updated on Zap/1-1
    -- Executing Playback("Zap/1-1", "invalid") in new  stack
    -- Playing 'invalid' (language 'en')
    -- Executing Goto("Zap/1-1", "loop|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (ivr-2,loop,1)

  ============
  zapata.conf
  ============
  ; If you are having trouble with DTMF detection, you can relax the DTMF
; detection parameters.  Relaxing them may make the DTMF detector more likely
; to have "talkoff" where DTMF is detected when it shouldn't be.
;
relaxdtmf=yes

  ---
  Deepak