[asterisk-users] Need to increase call count

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Mon Jun 18 23:27:06 CDT 2007

Hi all.

I've got a project where I need to make outbound calls and play a
prerecorded .wav file to the called number.

So far, I've only been able to make about 15 concurrent calls before the cound
quality gets poor, and I really need to increase this.

I've got QoS configured to prioritize IAX2 traffic above all and my connection
to the Internet is a PtoP 100Mb ethernet link.  (255.255.255.252 subnet mask)

The server is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ with 512Mb of RAM.  The Nic
isn't sharing an IRQ with anything else and the CPU never exceeds 15%
utilization.

Any ideas where I can look for improvement?

TIA,

--
Mike Diehl