[asterisk-users] Need to increase call count

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:08:14 CDT 2007

> So far, I've only been able to make about 15 concurrent calls before the cound
> quality gets poor, and I really need to increase this.

15 calls isn't very many at all.

> I've got QoS configured to prioritize IAX2 traffic above all and my connection
> to the Internet is a PtoP 100Mb ethernet link.  (255.255.255.252 subnet mask)
>
> The server is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ with 512Mb of RAM.  The Nic
> isn't sharing an IRQ with anything else and the CPU never exceeds 15%
> utilization.

You shouldn't see call problems with 15 calls with this box. You say
yourself that the CPU isn't taxed and 512 MB RAM should be plenty for
15 calls. Perhaps there is problems with the Internet connection. Can
you check at the receiving end if the packets are arriving on time
with no loss? You could also check if they are leaving your box as
scheduled, but I'd imagine that's not the problem. How do pings and
traceroute look like with 15 calls up. Could you try SIP instead of
IAX? Sounds like the problem might be upsteam from you.

--Luki