[asterisk-users] TDM400p and te110p configuration.

Matt Scott matt at mgsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 03:45:01 CDT 2007

Dear users.

My current setup uses a euroISDN E1 with 8 cahnnels for incoming and outgoing calls from a digium te110p.
Currently all phones use SIP.

However, I need to add some faxes lines and some POS credit card machines. These will require POTS lines with a fixed DDI.
I have purchased the tdm400p and 4 FXS modules.

My problem is with the zaptel.conf and zapata.conf.
I am a little confused as how to separate the specific requirements for each card.
How do I create a span for the tdm400p?
I would imagine they require their own context and specific group?
Also the channel numbers become a bit of a problem. Do they become sequential carrying on from each card????
I would imagine I need to modprobe the correct drivers for this card as well. Will there be any conflict?

Here is my current zaptel and zapata confs with the te110p requirements ONLY.

zaptel:
loadzone = uk
defaultzone = uk
span = 1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan = 1-15,17-31
dchan = 16

zapata:
[channels]
language=en
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
restrictcid=no
usecallingpres=no
threewaycalling=yes
callreturn=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echocancel=yes
musiconhold=default
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
immediate=no
overlapdial=yes
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown

group=1
context = from-pstn
callerid=asreceived
channel => 1-8

Please would someone start me off in the right direction for adding these additional FXS devices.