[asterisk-users] TDM400p and te110p configuration.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 14 05:22:30 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 09:45:01AM +0100, Matt Scott wrote:
> Dear users.
>
> My current setup uses a euroISDN E1 with 8 cahnnels for incoming and
> outgoing calls from a digium te110p. Currently all phones use SIP.
>
> However, I need to add some faxes lines and some POS credit card
> machines. These will require POTS lines with a fixed DDI.
> I have purchased the tdm400p and 4 FXS modules.

*FXO* modules, right?

> My problem is with the zaptel.conf and zapata.conf.
> I am a little confused as how to separate the specific requirements for
> each card.
>
> How do I create a span for the tdm400p?

You don't . Just 'fxsks' lines which look like bchan/dchan lines in
zaptel.conf. In zapata.conf they are the same channels (with fxs_ks
signalling).

> I would imagine they require their own context and specific group?

Right.

> Also the channel numbers become a bit of a problem. Do they become
> sequential carrying on from each card????

cat /proc/zaptel/*

> I would imagine I need to modprobe the correct drivers for this card
> as well. Will there be any conflict?

What type of conflict? The number of a channel is set when you load a
driver (technically: when you register its spans to zaptel).

If you want to make sure that the current channels of the E1 card keep
their numbers, you should load the analog card second. On Debian systems
you can guarantee that by e.g. putting the module names in the proper
order in /etc/modules .

> Here is my current zaptel and zapata confs with the te110p requirements ONLY.
>
> zaptel:
> loadzone = uk
> defaultzone = uk
> span = 1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> bchan = 1-15,17-31
> dchan = 16

# Something of the sort of:
fxsks = 32-35

> zapata:
> [channels]
> language=en
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=no
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> restrictcid=no
> usecallingpres=no
> threewaycalling=yes
> callreturn=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echocancel=yes
> musiconhold=default
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> signalling=pri_cpe
> switchtype=euroisdn
> immediate=no
> overlapdial=yes
> pridialplan=unknown
> prilocaldialplan=unknown
>
> group=1
> context = from-pstn
> callerid=asreceived
> channel => 1-8

; something of the sort of:
; context = from-pots
; group = 2
cidsignalling = v23
cidstart = polarity
channel => 32-35

Alternatively use genzaptelconf, but be sure to set lc_country to uk.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com