[asterisk-users] Gigabit SIP Phones

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jun 13 06:36:55 CDT 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Olivier wrote:

> Today, buying extra ports for stations having extra bandwidth requirements
> is acceptable as 10/100 LAN access is the norm.
> But it could be painful to explain executives, every IP Phone you bought
> during 2007 will not keep up with 1GE LAN.

There is one other issue - I don't think there is a commercial PoE
solution for Gb Ethernet. I know a solution does exist, as I have used kit
using it, (not phones), but I'm not sure what the commercial issues (ie.
economic fesability) for in-office stuff is yet.

However, an extra power unit at each desk may or may not be an issue
though...

Gordon