[asterisk-users] Gigabit SIP Phones

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Wed Jun 13 07:01:48 CDT 2007

> > Today, buying extra ports for stations having extra
> bandwidth requirements
> > is acceptable as 10/100 LAN access is the norm.
> > But it could be painful to explain executives, every IP
> Phone you bought
> > during 2007 will not keep up with 1GE LAN.
>
> There is one other issue - I don't think there is a commercial PoE
> solution for Gb Ethernet. I know a solution does exist, as I
> have used kit
> using it, (not phones), but I'm not sure what the commercial
> issues (ie.
> economic fesability) for in-office stuff is yet.

How about this:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7077/prod_models_comparison.html

Or this:
http://products.nortel.com/go/product_content.jsp?segId=0&catId=null&par
Id=0&prod_id=49760&locale=en-US

Or maybe this one: http://www.force10networks.com/products/s50v.asp

Alternatively: http://www.extremenetworks.com/products/summit-x450e.aspx

So yes, there are commercial PoE with Gbe solutions.