[asterisk-users] background dialing

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Tue Jun 5 23:49:11 MST 2007

How about changing your code to this:

exten => 123,1,Answer
exten => 123,n,Dial(Local/s at internals,m)
exten => 123,n,Playback(sorrynoanswer)
exten => 123,n,Hangup

[internals]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/118,15)
exten => s,2,Goto(ivr,s,1) ; This is what you had - So you know if the call
does go through and the called party hangs up when the call is over it will
go to your IVR or if no one picks up after 15 seconds it will go to the IVR
exten => s,3,Hangup
exten => s,102,Dial(SIP/117,15)
exten => s,103,Goto(ivr,s,1)
exten => s,104,Hangup

If you want the caller to get a hold of some one you may want your internals
context to look like this:

[internals]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/118,15) ; If call goes through then fine, if person
being called is busy or rejects the call  s,102.
exten => s,2,Goto(s,102) ; If the person dosent pick up in 15 seconds then
this line sends the call to the next line.
exten => s,102,Dial(SIP/117,15)
exten => s,104,Hangup