[asterisk-users] background dialing

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 03:28:12 MST 2007

in that case you can do this:

exten=> 1,1,Dial(SIP/123,15,m(default))
exten=> 1,2,Gotoif($["${DIALSTATUS}"="ANSWER"]?6:)
exten=> 1,3,Dial(SIP/456,15,m(default))
exten=> 1,4,Gotoif($["${DIALSTATUS}"="ANSWER"]?6:)
exten=> 1,5,Dial(SIP/789,15,m(default))
exten=> 1,6,Hangup

Caller might notice a little bit of delay between 2 dial commands. i have
checked this dialplan. but hopefully this will work for u.

On 6/5/07, Thomas Stein <thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> > i didnt see you were alreadyusing the m option. sorry about that. you
> just
> > need to make a new MOH class which play the msg instead of music. you
> dont
> > have to use the local dial option.
> >
> > On 6/5/07, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > You can use the small 'm' option in the dial command like this:
> > >
> > > exten=>1,1,Dial(SIP/123&SIP/456&SIP/789,,m(default))   ;default is the
> > > MOH class name
> > > This will play music on hold. To play specific msg instead of MOH, you
> > > can create a different MOH class where you can specify to play that
> > > specif msg instead of music on hld.
>
> Your right but with your example SIP/123&SIP/456&SIP/789 are ringing at
> the
> same time. Thats not what i want. I was hoping there is a possibilty to
> call
> the phones one after another while playing a music oder soundfile.
>
> regards
> t.
> --
> knowledgeTools(r)  ... managing complexity.
> knowledgeTools International GmbH
> Wallstraße 15 / 15 a
> 10179 Berlin
>
> Fon: +49 30 726 169 20
> Fax: +49 30 726 169 249
>
> thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de
> www.knowledgetools.de
>
> Sitz  Berlin, AG Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 86378
> Geschäftsführer: Oliver Seyboldt, Reinhard Kunz
>
> This eMail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
> or
> privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
> entity
> named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to receive
> it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use
> or
> disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the
> sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply e-mail, and
> delete the e-mail subsequently. Thank you.

Rizwan Hisham
Software Engineer
AXVOICE Inc.