[asterisk-users] background dialing

Thomas Stein thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de
Wed Jun 6 00:41:05 MST 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Dovid B wrote:
> How about changing your code to this:
>
> exten => 123,1,Answer
> exten => 123,n,Dial(Local/s at internals,m)
> exten => 123,n,Playback(sorrynoanswer)
> exten => 123,n,Hangup
>
> [internals]
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/118,15)
> exten => s,2,Goto(ivr,s,1) ; This is what you had - So you know if the call
> does go through and the called party hangs up when the call is over it will
> go to your IVR or if no one picks up after 15 seconds it will go to the IVR
> exten => s,3,Hangup
> exten => s,102,Dial(SIP/117,15)
> exten => s,103,Goto(ivr,s,1)
> exten => s,104,Hangup
>
> If you want the caller to get a hold of some one you may want your
> internals context to look like this:
>
> [internals]
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/118,15) ; If call goes through then fine, if person
> being called is busy or rejects the call  s,102.
> exten => s,2,Goto(s,102) ; If the person dosent pick up in 15 seconds then
> this line sends the call to the next line.
> exten => s,102,Dial(SIP/117,15)
> exten => s,104,Hangup

That seems to work. I had an error message first:

app_dial.c:1197 dial_exec_full: Invalid timeout specified: 'm'

but i just added a timeout value. How do the timeouts an the local channel
work anyway? i added now:

exten => 18,n,Dial(Local/s at internals,30,m)

Does it mean after 30s this extension timeouts? I guess so but i try to
understand. Sorry for thinking aloud.

Thank you again.
t.
--
knowledgeTools®  ... managing complexity.
knowledgeTools International GmbH

Fon: +49 30 726 169 20
Fax: +49 30 726 169 249

thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de
www.knowledgetools.de

Sitz  Berlin, AG Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 86378
Geschäftsführer: Oliver Seyboldt, Reinhard Kunz

This eMail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential or
privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or entity
named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to receive
it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the
sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply e-mail, and
delete the e-mail subsequently. Thank you.