[asterisk-users] click to call

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 4 00:14:08 MST 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 11:29:57PM -0500, Anton Krall wrote:
> True, maybe I didnt make myself clear on that point, what i meant was, Im
> not looking for an app that would let people click a sip:2222 URL type to
> make a call using their already installed softphone but rather allow any
> user that visits our website

What assumptions are of "any user"?

* Java?
* Flash?
* ActiveX?
* Pure javascript?
* Any other technology?

A specific dialect of one of the above?

Obviously with pure HTML this is impossible. Almost obviously that with
pure javascript as well.

> to click on something and either open a web
> softphone or download a small one that’s preconfigured and allow them to
> call a predefined extension on our asterisk server.

And use a preconfigured sound card on their local system.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com