[asterisk-users] click to call

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Jun 4 01:38:09 MST 2007

On 4 Jun 2007, at 08:14, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 11:29:57PM -0500, Anton Krall wrote:
>> True, maybe I didnt make myself clear on that point, what i meant
>> was, Im
>> not looking for an app that would let people click a sip:2222 URL
>> type to
>> make a call using their already installed softphone but rather
>> allow any
>> user that visits our website
>
> What assumptions are of "any user"?
>
> * Java?

We are seeing _very_ high numbers for users with Java > 1.4 installed

> * Flash?
> * ActiveX?
> * Pure javascript?

Again most desktop browsers support javascript.

> * Any other technology?
>
> A specific dialect of one of the above?
>
> Obviously with pure HTML this is impossible. Almost obviously that
> with
> pure javascript as well.

Yep, I have never seen an audio capture interface for javascript.

>> to click on something and either open a web
>> softphone or download a small one that’s preconfigured and allow
>> them to
>> call a predefined extension on our asterisk server.
>
> And use a preconfigured sound card on their local system.

For 'consumer' OS's like windows and OSX that's pretty much the
norm. For Linux it isn't (yet), it varies from distribution to
distribution.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/