[asterisk-users] iax2 trunk registration with auth rsa

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Tue Jul 31 02:58:36 CDT 2007

I found the solution by myself
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+IAX+channels
you have to surround the key filename with square brackets

 ]

       <user>: UserID on remote peer, or name of client configured in
       iax.conf (optional)
       <secret>: Password (optional). Alternatively it can be the filename
       of an RSA key, without the trailing extension (.key or .pub), and
       enclosed in [square brackets], like this: [thefilename]

Andrea

             asterisk at frameweb
             .it
             asterisk-users-bo         asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
             unces at lists.digiu                                          cc
             m.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [asterisk-users] iax2 trunk
             30/07/2007 16.21          registration with auth rsa

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

hi all,
I am trunking via iax2 2 asterisk serverses

if both of them have static ip addresses, I can connect them using no
password, password or auth rsa with a pair of keys.

If one of them has dynamic ip address and need to register on the other
server, I can connect them with no password, but I am not able to do that
using keys.

The question is: which is the right register syntax to use when using keys
pair ?

I tried:

register => serverb:servera at servera.full.domainname

servera is the name of the public key of servera, seen on serverb (remember
that if I use static ip I can dial from serverb to servera: in my
extensions.conf I have:
exten => _5XX,1,Dial(IAX2/serverb at servera/${EXTEN:0},30,t)

here I don't need to specify the key, becouse I dial "servera" which is an
entry (room) in my iax.conf where is specified inkey and outkey
but in register command it seems no possible to specify other then ip
address or full name

thanks in advance,
Andrea

Chi ricevesse questa mail per errore e' gentilmente pregato di cancellarla.

Visitate il sito http://www.frameweb.it