[asterisk-users] Queues strategy "leastrecent"

Marco Campos mcampos at marcocampos.com
Fri Jul 27 05:09:37 CDT 2007

Hi,

                I've recently upgraded Asterisk to the latest version 1.4.9
on a PBX that manages several queues, but at least on one queue strategy
(leastrecent) it doesn't seem to be distributing the calls has it should.

                I think this strategy should work like this:

a)      Make a list of available agents and their idle time (time since last
call) and update it each time a call gets answered or ends

b)      When a call comes in, try to pass it to the first agent on that list

c)       If the timeout ("timeout = 10") is reached it should try the next
(second in this case) agent on that list

d)      .and so on.

But what I see is that it is always trying to pass the call to the same
agent, since it thinks that that agent is idle longer than any other.

Are any of your seen a similar problem, and eventually know how to fix this?

Also, each time I do a "reload" it clears all statistics from a queue, like
the number of calls and idle time for each agent. is there another command
that can read the configuration file (queue.conf) but doesn't clear all
statistics?

Thank you all.