[asterisk-users] Debian etch and web voice mail - how to configure it?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jul 22 23:38:23 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 02:02:54PM -0400, dave cantera wrote:
> jim,
> asterisk does not provide an httpd itself... asteriskNOW does provide
> lightspeedhttpd.. as tzafrir said in his last email, you would have to
> move the vmail.cgi to the apache2 cgi-bin directory,

I did *not* say such a thing (or even write one).

Debian has offers more than one or two HTTPDs. Hence it has to provide a
policy also on where packages place content to be served by those
HTTPDs.

  http://www.us.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-customized-programs.html#s-web-appl

I have just made a small typo there.

> then write an html
> page to execute it.  I would have to look at the application to give
> further insight.  if the link tzafrir provided is correct, I can do
> that...  just let me know.
>
> what I tend to do is install asteriskNOW and then overwrite * with the
> latest version... doing anything else on that box is quite rough though...
> daveC

AstriskNow is not something you can install on top of you existing Extch
installation, as it is a complete distribution.

You probably refer to the asterisk-gui.

There is a work-in-progress package on pkg-voip for asterisk-gui through
I have other things to do. If anybody wants to pick it up, be my
guest...

However, try the package ari. As unmaintained as vmail.cgi, but at least
looks nicer.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org