[asterisk-users] Debian etch and web voice mail - how to configure it?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jul 22 12:35:05 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 12:45:21PM -0400, Jim Archer wrote:
> Hi Everyone...
>
> I am running Asterisk 1.2.13 on Debian "Etch".  I installed it from the
> package.  I also installed the web voice mail package, which installed
> Apache2 and a bunch of other stuff.

We're talking about
http://packages.debian.org/stable/comm/asterisk-web-vmail

( http://packages.debian.org/asterisk-web-vmail )

It actually requires httpd-cgi. Apache happens to be one of the packages
that provide that...

> When I point my browser at my PBX machine, the web page says "It Works!"
> but of course it does not.  It does not seem that Apache is configured to
> run the vmail.cgi script.  In the docs directory there is just the change
> log and googling it has not helped.

What web page, exactly?

That package doesn't have many files:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=asterisk-web-vmail&version=stable&arch=all