[asterisk-users] Debian etch and web voice mail - how to configure it?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Sun Jul 22 12:59:45 CDT 2007

--On Sunday, July 22, 2007 8:35 PM +0300 Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> We're talking about
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/comm/asterisk-web-vmail
>
> ( http://packages.debian.org/asterisk-web-vmail )
>
> It actually requires httpd-cgi. Apache happens to be one of the packages
> that provide that...

Ah, okay.

>> When I point my browser at my PBX machine, the web page says "It Works!"
>
> What web page, exactly?

It seems like the sample page bundled with the package, but it's not the
typical Apache was just installed page I am used to seeing.  It really is
nothing more than a header that says "It Works!" which I thought odd.

> That package doesn't have many files:

Right, but it has many dependencies, like Apache 2.  So lots of stuff got
dragged in along the way.

> The only relevant one is:
>
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/asterisk/vmail.cgi

That's there, but I was not sure if it came with the asterisk package or
the asterisk-web-vmail package.

> So what do you get when you try:
>
>   http://yourhost/cgi-bin/asteriskvmail.cgi

I got NOT FOUND: The requested URL /cgi-bin/asteriskvmail.cgi was not found
on this server