[asterisk-users] Slow List WAS [Re: Asterisk 1.2.21.1 and 1.4.7.1 released]

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Wed Jul 18 08:09:36 CDT 2007

Dovid B wrote:
> 2) If you hav been following the list and the issue you will notice
> that the problem is for a lot of users that have their servers out
> side of the US. The problems started when digium moved over from easy
> news to api-digital. The reason why you probably have no issue is
> because you use gmail which is in the US. Do you think over night many
> mail servers who happen to be out of the US go down ? If it was an
> issue for them in general people woult not post here

It is possible that the Digium upgrade has exposed existing problems
with destination mail servers (such as an MX record containing a CNAME
instead of an A record) rather than being the root cause of the problems.

I'm sure Digium are working on it but the recipients must also examine
their maillogs in detail to resolve this.

BTW. I'm not in the US but I'm now receiving list mail with about a
third of the delay I had before the upgrade.

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson