[asterisk-users] Odd AGI Issue - STREAM FILE, GET DATA not playing file

Wayne P. Hill wphill at voicenet.com
Tue Jul 10 14:48:02 CDT 2007

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but extensive googling
and digging through my list archive didn't turn anything up.

Basically, I'm working on an AGI web app and need to read some digit
input.  I'm having multiple issues with asterisk interpreting agi
commands at the moment, but I figured I'd start with this one.
when I call GET DATA or STREAM FILE I don't get any audio, and
timeouts aren't respected.  The command is received, the console says
it's playing, then the script goes straight to the next line, nothing
actually gets done.

For reference, here's the relevant perl snippet (I know I'm calling a
file of silence, but this occurs with other files as well)
print "exec swift \"Caller I D not recognized, please enter your pin
coade followed by the pound key\" \n";
     print "GET DATA silence1 \n";
         print "exec swift \"Thank You\"\n";

Console Dump:

AGI Tx >> agi_request: webrelay.agi

AGI Tx >> agi_channel: SIP/207.103.129.146-08243870

AGI Tx >> agi_language: en

AGI Tx >> agi_type: SIP

AGI Tx >> agi_uniqueid: 1184095513.2

AGI Tx >> agi_callerid: 2152592100

AGI Tx >> agi_calleridname: unknown

AGI Tx >> agi_callingpres: 0

AGI Tx >> agi_callingani2: 0

AGI Tx >> agi_callington: 0

AGI Tx >> agi_callingtns: 0

AGI Tx >> agi_dnid: 2157011063

AGI Tx >> agi_rdnis: unknown

AGI Tx >> agi_context: default

AGI Tx >> agi_extension: 2157011063

AGI Tx >> agi_priority: 2

AGI Tx >> agi_enhanced: 0.0

AGI Tx >> agi_accountcode:

AGI Tx >>

AGI Rx << exec swift "Caller I D not recognized, please enter your
pin coade followed by the pound key"
     -- AGI Script Executing Application: (swift) Options: (Caller I
D not recognized, please enter your pin coade followed by the pound key)
[Jul 10 15:25:17] DEBUG[19758]: app_swift.c:168 swift_cb: got END
callback; done generating audio
AGI Tx >> 200 result=0

AGI Rx << GET DATA silence1 5000 8
     -- <SIP/207.103.129.146-08243870> Playing 'silence1' (language
'en')
AGI Rx << exec swift "Thank You"
     -- AGI Script Executing Application: (swift) Options: (Thank You)

At no point does it even provide time to enter digits (silence1.gsm
is 10sec long).  It goes immediatey from receipt of the GET DATA
command to executing the next command, not even a return value.

Ha anyone seen this before? What can I do to get this working?

Thanks,
Wayne