[asterisk-users] [Asterisk]Asterisk's behavior of a simple call

Tuan Viet Nguyen ntvietv at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 05:01:29 CDT 2007

Hello,

I tried to configure a very simple case of Asterisk using SIP

userA --- Asterisk server ---- userB

sip.conf

[userA]
type=friend
username=userA
host=dynamic
nat=no
context=test

[userB]
type=friend
username=userB
host=dynamic
nat=no
context=test

In extensions.conf
[test]
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/userA)
exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/userB)

I make a call from userA to userB, it works, but I have 2 questions:

1/ By verifing with Wireshark, I see that the CallID of the INVITE message
sent from userA to Asterisk is different from the CallID of the INVITE message sent from Asterisk to UserB.
Is it possible to configure Asterisk as an "normal SIP proxy"  (it just forwards SIP messages)?

2/ After sending the INVITE message to UserB, Asterisk send another INVITE message to userA with the same
CallID as the CallID in the INVITE message from userA to Asterisk. I don't understant, could you please explain it to me?

Thanks,
Viet