[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu Jul 5 22:05:15 CDT 2007

Quoting Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com>:

anyone interested take a read of this listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x-BRI-ISDN-2B-D-Asterisk-like-Digium-B410P-VOIP_W0QQitemZ180135963254QQihZ008QQcategoryZ61841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I already did ask for details and mentioned that this thread was underway.

> David Wrote:

> also
> wants it
>>>
>>> Well, whoever ends up with the simulator should get it.
>>>
>>> I'm not familiar with the Pipeline stuff. Got a link you can share?
>>>
>>> -Stephen-
>

>> No link, it was something I used 8+ years ago, so I am surprised i
>> pulled it out of my memory :)  I will dig around this weekend and see
> if
>> I can find it. Pretty easy to setup, used it for an ISP connection for
>> centrex purposes. Hopefully I am not mis-remembering it capabilities.
>
> Ascend Pipeline 50/75 units were great remote access devices long
> before ADSL killed em off.  Yes they could handle voice, with one
> or two FXS ports, and one to three BRI ports.
>
> I think I only recently threw away the units I had in the closet and
> maybe even the ones at work.
>
> Setup was not hard, at least the ISDN bits.  We still use BRIs for our
> VC systems, so they can be ordered at least for businesses.  I've also
> used BRI lines to setup small offices on out CCM installation (mostly
> outside of the U.S.)
>
> The hardest part of setting one up is getting the carrier to provide
> the provisioning details (switchtype, SPID or no SPID, PTP or MP).  If
> you can get those details, it is no harder to setup than a PRI.
>
> Dan

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com