[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Jeff Davis asterisk at netsourceva.com
Wed Jul 4 14:19:42 CDT 2007

Jon Pounder wrote:
> Quoting Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca>:
>
>> Jon Pounder wrote:
>>> Quoting Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca>:
>>>

>>> http://www.sangoma.com/datasheets/A500BRI
>>> is that the card you mean ?
>>> it says it supports asterisk
>> Yes, that's the card I mean and yes, it supports Asterisk.
>>
>> The problem: I have been told -- again, this is tentative -- that there
>> were no plans for a 2B1Q driver for it.
>>
>> I think if Sangoma heard from enough interested North American users,
>> they would write the driver.
>
> doesn't it seem strange they went to the trouble to get the fcc
> certification (as per their site) if it doesn't understand the north
> american signalling ?
>
> If someone already has a customer relationship with them, ask straight
> out does it work in US/Canada with the BRI available here with asterisk.

I just got off the phone with my sales rep. It appears I'm the third
person today to ask about this. (I wonder why?)

The answer is no it will not work in NA. Their reasoning being that with
limited resources they went after the biggest market. I get the
impression that there are no plans to write a North American driver as
the demand seems to be very low.

--
Jeff Davis
Netsource Consulting