[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Jul 4 13:33:27 CDT 2007

Quoting Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca>:

> Jon Pounder wrote:
>> Quoting Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca>:
>>

>> http://www.sangoma.com/datasheets/A500BRI
>> is that the card you mean ?
>> it says it supports asterisk
>
> Yes, that's the card I mean and yes, it supports Asterisk.
>
> The problem: I have been told -- again, this is tentative -- that there
> were no plans for a 2B1Q driver for it.
>
> I think if Sangoma heard from enough interested North American users,
> they would write the driver.

doesn't it seem strange they went to the trouble to get the fcc
certification (as per their site) if it doesn't understand the north
american signalling ?

If someone already has a customer relationship with them, ask straight
out does it work in US/Canada with the BRI available here with asterisk.

if they can't answer, ask for a demo card to try (as long as you have
a line to try with.)

PS - to whoever it was that said they got the telus quote ... what
province was that in ? In Ontario Telus is just not interested in
selling BRI (could just be the sales rep too, he is kind of lazy. here
though its a resale of a bell canada service though, and btw whew that
telus/bell merger plan last week died quickly thank goodness,
combining bad and worse never makes anything good)

> I, for one, would be a customer.
>
> -Stephen-

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com