[asterisk-users] Caller ID Spoofing to be banned in the USA

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:28:09 CDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Karl J. Vesterling <kjv at ken-ton.com> wrote:

> And frankly, *NO*...  I don't want to give anyone my cell number.  Once
> you give out the cell number, people call you on it before they attempt any
> other number.

You are absolutely correct.  I walk down the hall of our office and see
people on their cellphone sitting at their desk.  Not because they called
someone, but because the other person called them on their cellphone.

Makes it difficult trying to save a few dollars.  Makes me wonder if maybe
we should just dump our phone system altogether and just use cellphones.
Looking at our cell usage, there is no way we can use any more minutes than
we already do, and we'd save the cost of the PRI.

Don't even get me started on all the lights left on...  You'd think this
place was a US gov't building with all the money being wasted.

Getting back to subject, though, one of the things I want to implement is a
Follow Me type system so that people call the DID and then our system finds
our employee, whether it be at their desk or on their cell phone. I haven't
got around to that yet.  But hopefully that will help.  Problem is, we're in
the construction business, too, so a lot of times our people are out of the
office.  ANd honestly, because I haven't got the follow me implemented, I
can't really blame anyone other than myself.