[asterisk-users] Caller ID Spoofing to be banned in the USA

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Tue Jul 3 10:04:57 CDT 2007

Karl J. Vesterling wrote:

> Actually, I *>>NEED<<* to change the caller ID.  Here's why...

CID internal and external are two different things.

> If PSTN gateway providers lock the callerid to my DID and I have no
> way to change it, then I have no idea whom is calling me.  And that is
> a requirement...  If I'm sitting in a meeting room with 15 people, I
> need to know if whomever is calling me is worth the interruption.

And who's problem is it that you can no longer screen
your calls? You will see its a call from your company
whether or not you decide to answer it leaves little
for argument here.

Not to rant on you but by "boo hoo the law is evil
because my indentured servant won't tie my shoes" is
irrelevant and would never get a second listen in any
political arena. Unless of course you lobbied the
right people.

A better argument might have been "I run a victim
services agencies in which women who were raped
assist callers and we need to protect their privacy
so we'd like to be able to have their home number
reflect our main number to allude to them being
located at a central point". Not some "God! Now
I have to answer my phone!" crybabyish babbling.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
echo infiltrated.net|sed 's/^/sil@/g'

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." -- Plato