[asterisk-users] Caller ID Spoofing to be banned in the USA

Karl J. Vesterling kjv at ken-ton.com
Tue Jul 3 08:01:50 CDT 2007

Actually, I *>>NEED<<* to change the caller ID.  Here's why...

Someone dials into my DID, their caller ID reflects their (cell, home
office, etc...)
The call then rings my VoIP phones.
It then announces "Outside Transfer" after 3 rings, at which time it
rings my VoIP phones AND my cell phone.

If PSTN gateway providers lock the callerid to my DID and I have no way
to change it, then I have no idea whom is calling me.  And that is a
requirement...  If I'm sitting in a meeting room with 15 people, I need
to know if whomever is calling me is worth the interruption.

And frankly, _*NO*_...  I don't want to give anyone my cell number.
Once you give out the cell number, people call you on it before they
attempt any other number.