[asterisk-users] Caller ID Spoofing to be banned in the USA

Ron Stephan elvis at elvisware.com
Mon Jul 2 22:56:30 CDT 2007

<<<

Sure - it goes like this - The less scrupulous among us might use a spoofed cid to get people to do something they normally
wouldn't.  Imagine a spoofed CID of your corporate headquarters and somebody calling your employees saying they were HR and needed
to confirm SSN numbers...  I will let you fill out the rest of the disaster.

Trouble is you don't think as evil as some people do.

It annoys the hell out of me too - I would love to spoof my cell CID.  I would love to have three or four cells with the same CID
(all pointing back to my astericks box).  It seems damn near impossible hear in Kalifornia.

Ron "Elvis" Stephan