[asterisk-users] internal and external interfaces

cp lists at pleasants.net
Mon Jan 29 10:00:55 MST 2007

Before adding a second interface to my asterisk box I'd like to get some
feedback on having and internal interface with a private address and
external interface with a public interface.  You know like pros, cons,
configuration suggestions, and anyone's true experience trying such a
design. I have one concern. Is asterisk aware enough to respond to
traffic with the correct ip address? In other words if a packet enters
the asterisk box over the private interface and the necessary routes are
in place for return traffic respond over the private interface will
asterisk keep the private address in its replies for all types of
traffic? You may respond to me offline if you'd like. I appreciate any
feedback.

Thanks,

-CP