[asterisk-users] NTL Hangup

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Fri Jan 26 17:16:42 MST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 07:40:31AM +0800, Leo Ann Boon wrote:
>
>> Kyle Gordon wrote:
>>
>>> fxsks=1 #X100P
>>>
>> Is your line truly a kwelstart line? try fxsls
>>

> And if the line is ls, indeed, what harm is there in setting it up as
> ks?

I understand ks is ls with a wink start. In some cases, use ks on a ls
line will cause bizarre problems.
> Consider, e.g.
> http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-gui/trunk/tools/zapscan.c
>

>>> <SNIP>
>>> busydetect=yes
>>>
>> You may need to add these 2 values to help the busydetect
>> busycount=3
>> busypattern=375,375
>>

> this should have been progzone=uk , only it turns out that the UK
> progzone actually sets it to 400.

The progzone uk is actually correct, 400Hz, 375ms ON and 375ms OFF. But
,I believe it's not actually used in the busy detector. See this
explanation from Steve Davis on why busypattern was added to zapata.conf
http://bugs2.digium.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=4830
> I'd like to ask again:
> where are you using specific progzones and buzypatterns successfully?
> Those magic values should be better documented.

I agree with you, this is voodoo magic :). I'd only figured out for
myself by trial and error.

Leo