[asterisk-users] Only secretary can call the boss, all others only reach the secretary when dial the boss extension

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:48:53 MST 2007

> How may I configure my extensions.conf so that only the boss's secretary
> can call the boss through his extension, all others when dial his
> extension only makes the boss's secretary phone ring, not his. If she
> wants, she can transfer the incoming call to the boss dialling his
> extension.
the keyword is "context"

boss extension : 4321
secretary exten : 4322
in sip.conf for the secretary config, put her phone in the context
"secretary-context"
for other callers (PSTN lines, other office exten, etc) put them in
context "normal-people-context"

[normal-people-context]
exten => 4321,1,Dial(SIP/4322)

[secretary-context]
exten => 4321,1,Dial(SIP/4321)

like this, when someone dials 4321, they will reach his secretary,
except when the secretary dials it, she will reach him.

This is just an example written from the top of my head on a friday
afternoon so it is not tested, etc  :)

hth