[asterisk-users] Only secretary can call the boss, all others only reach the secretary when dial the boss extension

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt
Fri Jan 26 10:13:17 MST 2007

Dear all,

How may I configure my extensions.conf so that only the boss's secretary
can call the boss through his extension, all others when dial his
extension only makes the boss's secretary phone ring, not his. If she
wants, she can transfer the incoming call to the boss dialling his
extension.

I've tried the following, but it doesn't work:

exten => _boss_extension/callerid_secretary,1,Dial(SIP/boss_extension)
exten => _boss_extension,1,Dial(SIP/secretary_extension)

This doesn't work because when the secretary tries to transfer the call
to the boss (using her phone's transfer key, not #), one REFER SIP
message is sent back to the caller's phone providing him the new address
for whom the next INVITE should be sent. That INVITE is sent, but when
reaches Asterisk, that INVITE matches this line:

exten => _boss_extension,1,Dial(SIP/secretary_extension)

and not this one:

exten => _boss_extension/callerid_secretary,1,Dial(SIP/boss_extension)

Any ideas of how may I solve this issue?
Regards,
Ricardo.