[asterisk-users] ISDN30 and TDM400P + FAXing ...

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 20:34:17 MST 2007

Assuming your PRI supports timing from the remote end (CO) which I
highly suspect is the case, then you should set the asterisk machine
to be a slave to the CO timing and then set any other interfaces  you
have to NOT be masters, so that the CO timing is always used. Assuming
you do this and disable echo cancelation then there should be no issue
if the entire path is low latency (IE not over the internet, not over
a VPN gateway and not over a WAN unless you have end-to-end QoS and
even then you could have latency issues, of course T.38 would solve
almost 100% of any issues that these would induce in your system, but
Asterisk does not and I higly doubt it will support anything besides
T.38 pass-through which wouldn't work with any sort of PSTN interface
you could use with Asterisk)