[asterisk-users] ISDN30 and TDM400P + FAXing ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Jan 21 01:40:20 MST 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

> Assuming your PRI supports timing from the remote end (CO) which I
> highly suspect is the case, then you should set the asterisk machine
> to be a slave to the CO timing and then set any other interfaces  you
> have to NOT be masters, so that the CO timing is always used. Assuming
> you do this and disable echo cancelation then there should be no issue
> if the entire path is low latency (IE not over the internet, not over
> a VPN gateway and not over a WAN unless you have end-to-end QoS and
> even then you could have latency issues, of course T.38 would solve
> almost 100% of any issues that these would induce in your system, but
> Asterisk does not and I higly doubt it will support anything besides
> T.38 pass-through which wouldn't work with any sort of PSTN interface
> you could use with Asterisk)

It's entirely inside the same box. Call comes in on one of the PRI lines
and is routed out via one of the TDM400/Zap lines. No LAN/WAN/IP
anything...

The TDM400 card, being analogue doesn't need a remote timing source (it
generates its own?) so I guess that'll be just fine...

So it sounds like it should "just work". I'll let you know in a few weeks
time :)

(And I know I've asked this before, but any recommendations for a basic
quality PRI card in the UK? I only need a single port and it'll be
servicing 15 incoming lines on the ISDN30 it'll be connected to)

Thanks,

Gordon