[asterisk-users] ISDN30 and TDM400P + FAXing ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sat Jan 20 15:05:27 MST 2007

I have a system I'll be installing soon which has an ISDN30 (E1, UK) feed
and they want to hook up a fax machine and use existing analogue
conference phones (expensive polycom units)

This is something I've seen and used on legacy PBXs and would seem to be a
fairly standard offering, but an earlier post seemd to suggest that the
cards would need some sort of timing synchronisation between them to make
faxing work - can anyone confirm or deny this?

Would there be any issues in the dialplan when seeing a call on the PRI
DDI associated with the fax line simply Dials the corresponding Zap line
that the FAX machine is connected to?

Gordon