[asterisk-users] SPA 3000 won't relay DTMF to doorphone

Julio Arruda jarruda-asterisk at jarruda.com
Mon Jan 15 09:18:28 MST 2007

Doug,
You are saying that RFC2833 somehow doesn't work if you have the
Asterisk AND at a distinct time (still within the same call), the callee
to see the DTMF, correct ? Would this be in any case ? (meaning, if the
voice path is going via the Asterisk or UA to UA directly ?)

I've my spa3k right now somewhat far :-), and I can't test it, but you
know by any chance if SIP INFO would suffer from the same curse :-) ?
 From my limited understand, a big difference in this case is that
RFC2833 really is "in the RTP stream, but is not voice payload", while
with SIP INFO, is done 100% out-of-band.