[asterisk-users] RE : TDM2400p bad sound quality

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Jan 14 09:49:42 MST 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Giuffredi wrote:

> I tried the card alone so I don't think is an IRQ problem (anyway is
> there a way to be sure?)

You can make sure the card is sitting on it's own IRQ - use the command

   cat /proc/interrupts

to check. Eg. on one of my boxes with a TDM400P:

            CPU0
   0: 1231472788          XT-PIC  timer
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   5:          0          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2
   7:          1          XT-PIC  acpi
   8:          4          XT-PIC  rtc
  11:    3101088          XT-PIC  eth0
  12: 1231265328          XT-PIC  wctdm
  14:      43803          XT-PIC  ide0
  15:      66249          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

This isn't foolproof, but it's a good start.

(and I don't know of the wctdm module is the same on the TDM2400P card
though)

You can also check that the card isn't losing interrupts by running the
zttest proram:

   /sbin/zttest

wait a few moments then kill it with Control-C - Eg.

   --- Results after 46 passes ---
Best: 100.000000 -- Worst: 99.987793 -- Average: 99.993896

There's more on interrupts here:

   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+PCI+bus+Troubleshooting

It's aimes at the TDM400P card, but I'd be surprised if the 2400P is that
much different (but someone please correct me if it is!)

Gordon