[asterisk-users] how to realize chief - secretary (or Manager - Assistant) setup with Asterisk?

Michael Hamann mail at mhamann.net
Wed Jan 10 08:37:40 MST 2007

Hello,

we are running a Asterisk (1.2) installation with about 80 snom phones
(300,320,360).

Now have the demand for a special manager - assistant setup for a few
extensions.

Since Shared Line Appearance is not available in 1.2 I´m wondering how
to realize this...

What we need is that the manager can decide whether he wants to get
calls or not. If not he must have the possibility to redirect all
incoming calls to his secretary. The secretary itself answers all calls
and decides if the call is important enough to disturb the manager. If
so she/he transfers the call to the manager. So the secretary can filter
the calls for the manager...

The only way I can imagine so far is via a redirect by AstDB on the
manager extension. The managers phone has two different lines - the
official and a secret one only the secretary uses...

Or are there any other solutions?

Any hint will be appreciated ...

Michael