[asterisk-users] Cisco AS5300

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Thu Jan 4 15:30:43 MST 2007

Hello Yusuf

yusuf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I realize this is OT.
>
> I just got a Cisco AS5300, and I need to configure it like such:
>

> Asterisk -----(H323/SIP)------> Cisco ----- (E1/PRI)------->Telco
>
> So calls originate from the Asterisk side (registered users on SIP or
> just ZAP phones), and they go out H323 or SIP to Cisco, where they go
> out PRI.
>
> I have the Asterisk side sorted :) (either H323 or SIP), I need help in
> the Cisco side. Can anyone give me a brief HOW-TO or tutorial on getting
> this (either SIP or H323) done on the Cisco side.

The link with sample Cisco config Hoah has sent is fine. It's well
commented etc, but... I do not recommend you to copy it entirely :)

 > [...skipped...]
> How do I specify that H323 or SIP must be for incoming calls, and
> outgoing must go out on the E1.
>
> Cisco is running IOS 12.1.5-12.2.13a
> I realize this is alot of questions, so please bear with me :)

You seem to need a clear-cut explanation of dial-peer matching process
like http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/in_dial_peer_match.html
or more complete guides:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/int_c/dpeer_c/dp_confg.htm
and
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_c/vvfpeers.htm
I think I can help you deal with Cisco side once you have drafted a
clear setup.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk