[asterisk-users] Cisco AS5300

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:40:04 MST 2007

Hi Yusuf -

> I just got a Cisco AS5300, and I need to configure it like such:
>

> Asterisk -----(H323/SIP)------> Cisco ----- (E1/PRI)------->Telco
>
> So calls originate from the Asterisk side (registered users on SIP or just ZAP phones), and they go
> out H323 or SIP to Cisco, where they go out PRI.
>
> I have the Asterisk side sorted :) (either H323 or SIP), I need help in the Cisco side. Can anyone
> give me a brief HOW-TO or tutorial on getting this (either SIP or H323) done on the Cisco side.

I found this config on how to make an AS5300 work with SER for sip.
I'm sure you'll have to do a little adaptation to make it work with
asterisk, but it should be fairly close:
http://www.aarnet.edu.au/events/conferences/2004/apan-questnet/sipworkshop/uas/ciscoVoIPGateways/as5300-12.3-6b-sip.txt

Cisco documentation can be a little to generalized sometimes, but
here's their answer:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sipsols/biggulp/bgsipins.htm

As for the Cisco-specific call routing stuff, I can't help you there.
I've never used one of their gateways, but their Smartnet Contracts
are pretty cheap, and Cisco support is really good.

- Noah