[asterisk-users] Cisco AS5300

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Jan 4 02:12:12 MST 2007

Hi all,

I realize this is OT.

I just got a Cisco AS5300, and I need to configure it like such:

Asterisk -----(H323/SIP)------> Cisco ----- (E1/PRI)------->Telco

So calls originate from the Asterisk side (registered users on SIP or just ZAP phones), and they go
out H323 or SIP to Cisco, where they go out PRI.

I have the Asterisk side sorted :) (either H323 or SIP), I need help in the Cisco side. Can anyone
give me a brief HOW-TO or tutorial on getting this (either SIP or H323) done on the Cisco side.

So I am have done a few things, but dont know how they hook up:
I have dial-peers 1, 100, 101 (why is it like this, are they related?)
I specified the IP of my Asterisk box on dial-peer 101
I also tried enabled sip-ua
Also, the number-plans, how do I say any number that comes in must be dialled, SO i wont be using a
prefix, just all numbers must go out E1.
What is ..T in
show dial-peer voice summary
dial-peer hunt 0
AD PRE PASS
TAG TYPE MIN OPER PREFIX DEST-PATTERN FER THRU SESS-TARGET PORT
1 pots up up 0 0:0
100 voip up up ..T 1 syst ras
101 voip up up ..T 2 syst ipv4:192.168.0.233

How do I specify that H323 or SIP must be for incoming calls, and outgoing must go out on the E1.

Cisco is running IOS 12.1.5-12.2.13a
I realize this is alot of questions, so please bear with me :)

--
thanks,
Yusuf

believed to be clean.