[asterisk-users] Best inexpensive home office router for VoIP (QoS with maybe PoE)

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Jan 4 10:56:58 MST 2007

Hi,

I'm looking for opinions on the "best value" router to use for home offices.
It should work for a scenario in which there are 3 computers and 2 SIP
phones, handling QoS so that the phones always have higher priority traffic
than the PCs. (and not rely on the phones to do the QoS because some PCs may
not be connected to the phones).

QoS could be based on destination and source IP (i.e. an Asterisk server) or
MAC address of the phones. Ideally with PoE, but at this point it's just a
bonus.

What are people on this list using?  I've found that the mention QoS on a
box doesn't guarantee any real QoS functionality.

Mike