[asterisk-users] over 200 queues, anyone?

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Thu Jan 4 03:13:23 MST 2007

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:05:38 +0100
Lenz <lenz-ml at loway.it> wrote:

> You are correct, this is more or less the scenario involved - the
> problem is that people want to call a personalized line AND speak to
> the same subset of agents preferably.
> I have never seen such a setup myself - I have seen CCs with 30 or
> 40 queues, never 200 - so I was wondering if anybody ever trued
> something on these lines; or if there are better solutions to the
> same problem. Best regards

We planned to do this.. but using only one queue for the agents, but
depending on the incoming DDI dialled, we do this:

        441616608981 => &huntgroup(affiliates,Affiliate One);
        441616608982 => &huntgroup(affiliates,Affiliate Two);
        441616608983 => &huntgroup(affiliates,Affiliate Three);

macro huntgroup( queuename , friendlyname ) {

        Ringing();
        Set(CALLERID(name)=${friendlyname});
        Set(CDR(userfield)=${queuename} ${friendlyname});
        ResetCDR(wav);

        Queue(${queuename},t);
...};

So there's one Asterisk queue  called 'affiliates' but we are able to
display a different name on the SIP handset just by setting the CALLERID
(name), thus the agent knows what to answer the phone as :)

(The Set(CDR) + ResetCDR were to ease the accounting  + billing of
calls..)

Cheers,
Gavin.