[asterisk-users] yet another faxing issue (outbound only, via ATA)

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 04:20:02 MST 2007

Bill Gibbs wrote:

> My next step is to connect the fax machine to a Wildcard X100P.

Check to see if there is Echo cancellation in the SPA-1001, and if so
turn it off. If there is an adaptive Jitter buffer on the SPA-1001, try
changing it to a fixed one (probably no more than 40ms).

Why would you connect a fax machine to an X100P, aren't they FXO cards?

Have you tried terminating to a VOIP provider? (to see if the problem is
with the ATA).

Here I use a fax machine connected to a CS6220 which is connected to the
asterisk box and terminates with a TDM400P card (so a completely
different arrangement).