[asterisk-users] yet another faxing issue (outbound only, via ATA)

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 04:42:57 MST 2007

Hi all,

I was having a similar issue, using TE110P from Digium  all incoming faxes
were detected and correctly received.

When trying to send outbound faxes, they all get broken... I do believe it
may be related with Echo Cancel enabled on my Zapata.conf, any ways i've set
also fax detect for inbound and outbound on zapata, but that stills diferent
from the receiving model as it relies on NVfaxdetect to detect.

After many trials, i setup an architecture with another Server Running
Hylafax and IAXmodem registring on my * Box and i just get out of troubles.

It's perfect sending and receiving faxes with notifications and everything
else, Hylafax + IAXmodem and Asterisk are working like a charm.

I must say that we don't send too many faxes per day, but until now no
problems! And yes didn't change anything on Zapata config or something else
on Asterisk Box, i just added IAX account registred my Hylafax IAXmodem
there and Voilá :)